Saturday, February 8, 2014

Hope


It's been a very long time since I've blogged.  My life hasn't been what I thought it should have been at this point in the game.  For the most part, I've been knocked down and feeling defeated and therefore, I haven't been willing to put much of myself out there.  But in this, this eve of my 41st year, I'm beginning to truly feel hopeful again.

My natural personality is that of an optimist.  I tend to want to see the best in people, even the worst of them.  I tend to look for the good that might come from a bad situation.  And I certainly don't worry about the weather report on the evening news.  I'm simply just a "the glass is half full" kind of girl.

Could that be part of the reason I can be so easily hurt?  Maybe.  I don't know.  But I do know during the past few years, my natural optimism has been greatly tested.  Even in my search for the good, the bad just kept rearing its ugly head.  It is so very hard to be hopeful in times of testing.  It is so very hard to hold on to what you believe in when most everyone around you is hinting that you could be wrong.

I don't know why I've made the choice I've made thus far.  But right now, at this moment, I am praying that because I've held on tight to that one small thing ... that tiny shred of hope ... that my "maybe" is finally going to win out over the world's "no".

So listen to that whisper.  Tell the world "no!"  And hold on to HOPE.

No comments:

Post a Comment