Saturday, April 10, 2010

Faith, Hope, & Love

"FAITH: to see one thing before my eyes, but to live with a certainty that there is something better beyond my seeing."
~Unknown

I have that quote written in the front of my Bible. Most of the time I feel like I have faith smaller than that proverbial mustard seed. But I also know that if don't keep at least that much, then I have nothing.


"Practice hope. As hopefulness becomes a habit, you can achieve a permanently happy spirit."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Practice makes perfect? I hope that things will get better. I hope that my loved ones and I remain healthy. I hope that someday I can achieve that permanently happy spirit. So in the meantime, I will practice.


"Love wasn't put in your heart to stay. Love isn't love 'till you give it away."
~Unknown

We all want to feel love; to be loved. But can we truly achieve that if we don't love; if we don't give love; if we withhold love? There's a Swedish Proverb that goes like this: "Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it." The truth that holds ...


"Every day offers a chance to choose anger or understanding, bitterness or acceptance, darkness or light. And the choices we make reveal the stuff we’re made of."
~ Robin McGraw

I want to understand. I want to accept. I want to see the light. So each day, as much as is humanly possible, I will choose to have faith, practice hope, and give love.

No comments:

Post a Comment